Maya Angelou has a postage stamp
Dr. Maya Angelou may be gone, but her legacy lives on. She has been immortalized on a U.S. postage stamp, and now, her iconic autobiography I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is being re-released, complete with a foreword by her “daughter-friend” Oprah Winfrey. The re-release ensures that her vast wisdom will live on, touching millions of lives and countless generations to come.
- “I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Women, that’s me.”
- “One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.”
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
- “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
- “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by…
View original post 152 more words